Arrival on the first day at Krush is on Sunday (August 9) between 4:30-5:30 p.m.
Pick-up time is on the following Friday (August 14) between noon and 1:30 p.m.
What should I bring with me to camp?
It is recommended that athletes bring the following items:
- Hand carry the required medical forms off of the registration page
- Sleeping bag, or sheets & blankets, plus your pillow
- Running shoes (2 pair if you have them in case it rains)
- Running gear for a full week of training
- Warm clothing for the evenings (sometimes it can be cool)
- Bathing suit, towels, shower clogs/flip-flops
- Personal bathing items (soap, shampoo, toothpaste & brush)
- A water bottle and a good flashlight, and your wristwatch
- Rain gear, just in case we get some
- Pen or pencil, and your running diary if you have one
How much running will I be doing at Krush?
Each day run times are scheduled, two or three per day, and each runner will decide how often and how far they will train each day based on their level of experience and the amount of training they have done coming into camp. At each run time groups are formed based on these considerations, with 3, 5 and 7 mile runs being most common.
What are the running areas like?
Camp Soles has excellent running trails on mostly dirt roads and some trails. There are several configurations to choose from to do on these routes. We also have some good hills on most of these runs.
What is the age range at camp?
Krush is primarily directed for the middle and high school age runners, thus almost all runners attending camp are 12-18.
What is the address while at camp?
While at camp your address will be:
Krush Distance Camp
YMCA Camp T. Frank Soles
134 Camp Soles Lane
Rockwood, PA 15557
Is there a camp store at Krush?
Yes, there is a camp store from which you can purchase cold drinks and snacks. There are also Running Camp sweatshirs, hats, and t-roller massage sticks at a camp discount price.
Is there a refund policy?
Yes, you may be issued a refund depending on the following dates:
May 31 – Full Refund (does not include deposit)
June 30 – Half Refund (does not include deposit)
July 15 – No Refund
What do we do for non-running activities?
All the normal camp activities such as evening camp fires, zip-lining, rock climbing, swimming, canoeing, volleyball, basketball, tennis, wiffleball, etc. are part of the full camp experience. It will be your best week of the summer!